What are some great tips if you are considering the low carb diet?
1. Forgive yourself. If you keep feeling guilty about your eating, go ahead and start eating.2. Do not let the loss of water weight stop you from eating. Even if the first week or so you have lost a lot of water weight, it will start to come back. Eat right while it is coming back, and keep eating right.
3. Try and increase your physical activity. This will keep your metabolism high which means you will have more fat burning potential.
4. Find someone who is a trained support system. If you are having trouble with your weight, go to a trusted trainer who can help you.
5. Take a supplement that is designed specifically for fat burning. A supplement made of glucosamine and chondroitin, for example.
6. Get to know your ideal weight. This can help you decide on what to eat that will help you build muscle. Even when your glycogen stores are full, the fat cells need to be filled.
7. Go ahead and go down in steps. If you would rather go over 5 pounds than 20, go for it. And if you have to choose between losing 30 pounds or losing 20 pounds, go for the 20 pounds. Just try and go for the choice that is not too difficult, but still fun.
8. Do not over workout. Again, if you are over training, just take a break. A longer break is better than going to failure.
9. The more muscle you have, the faster you can burn fat. Get to a point where you can pick up a heavy object and go for a walk. Just walk for 10 minutes.
10. If you over train, then it might be easier to take a break or slow down the amount you train. This should only be done after at least 3 months. You would not take a break for 3 months without warning. If you know you over train, then you can use any break. Don’t forget this!
Get Your Ideal Weight
11. If you cannot get your ideal weight, then you could make it smaller. This should be avoided.
12. Try and keep your weight up as much as you can. This is one of the most important things you can do to keep your weight down. Your excess body weight will become a liability.
13. Do not skip meals. You do not burn fat, if you have missed meals. Skip a meal will just make you gain the weight back. That is why it is recommended to take a break every two to three days.
14. If you weigh yourself too much, you might get an alarming reading. Also, you might panic. The only thing to do here is take a break. Take one break every two to three weeks. This will keep you healthy.
15. Do not go for drastic changes. When you go for the drastic changes, the cells become fragile. Sometimes, they break and then you have gained weight from the extra tissue.
It could be really hard to lose weight. However, after following the above guidelines you will find it easier to lose your weight. Just keep in mind the importance of taking breaks. You will find it easier to achieve your weight goal.
The above guidelines are just guidelines. I would advise you to read the books too for more information about the specific weight loss method.